Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lots of bloatware comes preinstalled on the dm1z

Even though I've had the dm1z for a couple days now I have not had much time to configure it to a state I am happy with. I like to clean up a system and get it to a lean state before actually installing my productivity apps. Got to go through the Windows Update process of course and this always takes a while with a new system. Just finished the update to SP1, 'winver' from command prompt gives: "Windows 7 Home Premium. Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1).

This system comes with a lot of bloatware. I've started uninstalling it. Should've listed what I've uninstalled so far. Oh well, I'll start listing this now. Is there a history kept in Windows of what programs you've unistalled?

The Tech Report has a good page about the dm1z and its bloatware.

1 comment:

  1. Is it safe (as in won't affect anything else) if you remove all the HP apps??

    ReplyDelete